- PLC controlled fully automatic state-of-the-art Submerged Arc Furnace
- Induction furnaces
- PLC controlled raw material batching system
- Online automatic product crushing system
- State of the art metal handling system
- Material handling systems
- Automatic Product sizing and packing systems
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
- Complete Analytical lab
- Complete particle size distribution lab
Snam Alloys has implemented its quality management systems in line with European Foundation Quality Management standard. (Quality Policy)
Snam Alloys is working on its plant effectiveness and productivity using Japanese principles of Total Productive Management. (TPM Policy and Targets)
In line with its vision and policy Snam has a lush green environment of 15 acres with more than 10000 exotic trees and aspiring to be self sufficient in its need of vegetables and fruits has several vegetable gardens and fruit orchards within its campus. This brings about a peaceful and serene atmosphere for its employees to work in.
Total Productive Maintenance
Hi Q – Lo C
Snam Alloys aspire to become the organization of first choice for its customer, suppliers and employees
Snam commits to create an environment which is safe, clean, green and healthy leading to motivated and empowered employees who will be sensitive to eliminate all type of losses and enable Snam to reach its true potential
P *Achieve 90% OEE minimum
*Achieve tonnage per employee 100 MT/ year
Q *Achieve zero customer complaint
*Achieve for zero defect
C *Reduce manufacturing cost by 5% annually
D *Achieve 100% delivery adherence
S *Maintain zero accident
*Aim for zero pollution
M *Achieve 2 fold increase in improvement suggestions per employee per year
*Aim for delegation at the rate of 10% annually.
We will supply products to our customers as per their quality specifications by procuring quality raw materials and manufacture in controlled conditions.
Every one who is involved in production from procurement, handling and storage of raw materials, to working the furnace, Testing and inspection to final sizing and dispatch of the product is convinced that quality is vital. The commitment to quality is more than statistics it is a minute-to-minute reality
- Develop customized products to suit the specific needs of the individual customers.
- Develop new products to beat obsolescence.
- Mechanization of production process wherever possible.
- Improve quality of work culture to avoid rework.
- Identify and provide products that satisfy customer needs and expectations.
- Make continuous improvements in production process and quality of products
- wherever possible to provide greater customer satisfaction
1987 Incorporation of Snam Alloys
1988 Commercial production of Ferro Silicon
1990 Developed process of manufacture of Ferro Silicon Magnesium
1994 First export shipment
1994 Certified to ISO 9002:1987 standard by BVQI
1996 New 5MVA submerged arc furnace with state of the art technology installed to augment capacity
1996 - 2011 Export performance award from EEPC - 15 consecutive years
2009 7MVA submerged arc furnace with state of the art technology installed to augment capacity at Andhra Pradesh.
2010 Commissioned 1.5 tons capacity Induction furnace in Pondicherry with improved safety features.
2012 Inception of 12MVA submerged arc furnace
R & D CENTRE : LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
- Universal Testing Machine : BLUE STAR UTE - 40 ; 400 kN
- BHN Tester : BLUE STAR B - 3000 (O)
- Optical Microscope : Carl Zeiss Axio Vert.A1 ; (50x - 500x)
- XRF: Bruker AXS GmbH : S8 Tiger
- OES: Thermo Scientific : ARL 3460 OES Metals Analyzer
- ICP: Thermo Scientific, ICAP 6000 duo series
- Moulding Machine and Intensive Sand Mixer
- Core Shooter
- Shot Blasting and fettling equipment's
- Dual track Induction furnace of 300kg & 150 kg iron melting capacity.
- Izod impact tester
- Rockwell hardness tester
- Complete sample preparation lab
- Wet analysis lab suited for foundry applications and testing
- Sand testing lab
- X-Ray for testing